“WORK & PLAY” PROGRAM (CIT)
The Dorchester County Family YMCA is looking for energetic and motivated students, ages 14-15, with the patience and maturity to work with kids!
The Counselor in Training Program offers a unique training opportunity that will prepare teens should they ever desire to return as a camp counselor, work in day care or after school programs, or become a coach or mentor for younger kids. Our CIT program is specifically designed for teens who are interested in working with kids.
CIT’s will work with our staff in “assistant counselor” roles in the various program areas throughout the camp day. Counselors in Training will also enjoy all camp has to offer like arts & crafts, sports and swimming!
This program gives participants the opportunity to place the needs of others ahead of their own, share what they have learned and be a role model for younger campers.
Enrich campers' lives: By connecting with individual campers and learning how to be a friend, role model, and supervisor, you will be giving back to your community and making a difference in the life of a child!
Work with great mentors: We hire amazing staff, each of whom brings their unique talents and knowledge to share with you and the rest of the camp community.
Learn leadership skills: Through positive feedback & communication, hands on experience and training, you will become a better leader.
Learn life skills: By using problem-solving skills, accepting greater levels of responsibility and merely applying to the CIT program, you are practicing valuable job skills!
Make lifelong friends: By connecting with CITs who share your ideas, interests, and enthusiasm for camp!
- To be positive and open to new things.
- Try your best even when you find things challenging.
- Support the other participants in your group and work to build a strong community.
- Be true to who you are and strive to be your best. self.
- Ages 14-15 years old as of the first day of camp
- Sincere interest in working with children as a positive role model.
- Be able to model the four core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility.
- Able to be active in an outdoor setting for long hours.
- Evidence of ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Evidence of good communication skills.
- Evidence of ability to adhere to rules and policies.
- Enthusiasm, patience, initiative and sense of humor!
- Complete a CIT application, including a letter of recommendation, and complete a pre-camp interview.
Limited spaces are available each week! 9:00 am– 4:00 pm Member Fee $65/ Community Fee $95
Click here to download our 2017 Summer Camp Flyer