All kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve, under the guidance of caring adults who believe in their potential. We see every interaction with young people as an opportunity for learning and development - all grounded int he Y's core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Before and After School Enrichment – Our Before School Care and ASPIRE (After School Program for Inspiration, Recreation & Education) program is offered in five elementary schools throughout Dorchester County. The YMCA’s goal is to keep your child safe, active and engaged during their after school hours by providing:
- A minimum of 30 minutes of physical activity
- A healthy snack
- 30 minutes of homework time and assistance
- Recreation and enrichment activities such as games, arts and crafts and YMCA Readers.
- Summer Camp – The Y core values are infused into all of our Summer Camps here at the Dorchester County Family YMCA, along with opportunities for friendship, acceptance and belonging. With an emphasis on academics through Camp Readers, fitness through Sports Camps and opportunities to gain confidence and independence, the YMCA helps bridge the gap between the school year, which helps kids combat summer learning loss.
- Swim, Sports & Play - The Dorchester County Family YMCA introduced several new youth programs in 2014 including the Hurricanes Swim Club and Tumbling. The Y continues to offer swim lessons to ages 6 months and older, a youth basketball league, youth soccer league, lacrosse fundamentals and pre-school programs for soccer, basketball and lacrosse.
- Compass Youth Program - The Compass Program is a twelve-week court ordered program for adjudicated youth, funded by the Local Management Board and administered by the Dorchester County Family YMCA. The program focuses on behavior management, community service, and local outings.