The Dorchester County Family YMCA makes a special promise to our community: we will never turn anyone away for any reason. Our Annual Campaign and fundraising efforts support this promise. In 2014 the Y awarded:
- $68,500 in membership scholarships
- $15,100 in program scholarships
- $28,400 in membership discount programs
- That’s a total of $112,000 in scholarship support to our local community.
We cannot do this without the financial support of our members, volunteers, donors, staff, funders and business community. So thank you for your kind and generous support and belief in our cause.
Volunteer Award Winners
At the Dorchester County Family YMCA, we focus our work in three key areas: Youth Development, Healthy Living and the Social Responsibility. During our 2014 Annual Meeting we announced our first ever volunteer service award winners. The following criteria was and continues to be used to evaluate nominations put forth for DCFY’s Mission Advancement Awards in each of our focus areas:
- Nominee must be a member of the Dorchester County Family YMCA.
- Nominee must be a volunteer (non-paid).
- Nominee inspired and motivated others to give of their time, talent and treasure.
- Nominee exhibited exceptional leadership and made a positive impact within the community in the areas of youth development, healthy living or social responsibility.
- Nominee made a “lasting impact” on the community for a cause and has changed the lives of many people by modeling the YMCA Core Values of Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility.
- Nominee demonstrated a commitment to philanthropy and has made or makes a significant impact on our organization.
Sara Letteleir - Youth Development Volunteer
Julianna Pax - Healthy Living Volunteer
Fred Haller Social Responsibility Volunteer