Health and well-being are all about balance. That's why we help people and families build and maintain healthy habits for spirit, mind and body in their everyday lives. By helping kids, adults, families and seniors from all walks of life to improve their health and well-being, we build a stronger community.
- Group Fitness Classes - The Dorchester County Family YMCA continues to offer new group fitness classes and options! Our Y is lucky to have many talented and highly certified instructors in disciplines such as: ZUMBA, BodyPump, Spin, Yoga, Barre, and more.
- In the Community - The Dorchester County Family YMCA brings fitness into the community! Our Line Dancers and Youth Dance Program have attended community events, showing off their incredible talent. Our yoga and karate participants are also out and about in the community showcases their skills.
- Special Events - The Dorchester County Family YMCA puts on several special event throughout the year to highlight the importance of Healthy Living as well as to raise money. Some of the events are:
- Drop It! Dorchester, a community health contest
- Crab Run, a 5K and half marathon
- Heart of the Chesapeake Bike Tour, a 10-mile family ride, a 42 bike tour and a 64 mile metric century in honor of Bob Brannock