Belonging to the YMCA means sharing in the values and the mission the YMCA has offered its members since it originated in 1870...people who share a common goal for family, community and healthy living.
The YMCA is a membership driven organization and we encourage membership through the use of our guest policy and guest privileges. Our first responsibility is to our members, therefore the following policies and procedures apply when bringing a guest to our YMCA.
Membership Guest Privileges
- Every Dorchester County Family YMCA Membership Unit is allowed FIVE guest passes per year as a privilege of membership. We encourage you to use your guest passes for out-of-town guests or for potential new members.
- If you use more than five guest passes per year there will be a cost of $10 per adult, per visit and $5 per child (this applies to children utilizing our Kid Zone/TAZ as well as our facility), per visit.
- All guests must be accompanied by a current member of the Dorchester County Family YMCA who is at least 18 years of age.
- Member guests (who reside in Dorchester, Talbot, Caroline or Wicomico County) may only come to the YMCA THREE times a year without becoming a YMCA member.
- First Visit - FREE, Second & Third Visit - $10 adult, $5 child, Fourth Visit - Guest must become a member
- Each guest must complete and sign a Code of Conduct Waiver, if the guest is under 18, a parent or guardian must sign the waiver.
- The waiver can be downloaded from our website and brought with the underage guest www.dorchesterymca.org/images/stories/Forms/CodeofConduct.pdf A guest 16 and older must have a photo ID that may be copied and attached to the Code of Conduct Waiver.
- All guests are expected to read and follow our Code of Conduct. If the guest does not behave in accordance with our YMCA values and our Code of Conduct they may be asked to leave (without a refund).
Maryland YMCA Reciprocity & YMCA AWAY Program Policy
- Visiting YMCA Members must present a valid YMCA membership card, provide their Home YMCA’s phone number, and photo identification on their first visit.
- YMCA Membership Staff will verify membership status of each new visitor with their Home YMCA.
- Visiting Members will need to check in at the front desk each time they wish to use the facility.
- Maryland YMCA and YMCA AWAY guests will be charged an additional fee of $5 to attend any spin or BODYPUMP classes ($5 per class) or for use of the child care rooms ($5 per child/per visit).
- A visitor is classified as anyone who does not live in the surrounding four counties: Talbot, Caroline, Dorchester, and Wicomico
- A visitor must complete and sign our Code of Conduct waiver and present a valid ID.
- A visitor may use our facility for $10 per visit (over 18 years old) and $5 per visit (under 18)
- A visitor may use our facility without needing to be a guest of a member or have a YMCA membership at another facility. This policy will be strictly enforced and is to be used only by people visiting our area.
"Getaway" YMCA Membership
For people who may want to utilize the Y on a short time basis due to a long term job placement, a weekend/summer home, etc...we offer a "Getaway Membership". This membership should be utilized by people in our community that do not call Dorchester County their permanent home.
The "Getaway" membership allows you to purchase 8 visits to our YMCA for $64. You may purchase an additional 8 visits at $64 as needed.