Please check our group fitness schedule for classes. Many options are available and the staff at the YMCA is here to help you with all of your fitness needs.
A full hour of fun, EnhanceFitness focuses on dynamic cardiovascular exercise, strength training, balance, and flexibility — everything older adults need to maintain health and function as they age.
In a typical class, participants will experience:
- A certified instructor with special training in bringing out the physical best from older adults
- A 5-minute warm-up to get the blood flowing to the muscles
- A 20-minute aerobics workout that gets participants moving, or a walking workout to lively music that the class chooses
- A 5-minute cool-down
- A 20-minute strength training workout with soft ankle and wrist weights (0 up to 20 pounds)
- A 10-minute stretching workout to keep the muscles flexible Balance exercises throughout the class Lots of opportunities for participants to make new friends and acquaintances
The class is proven to: Increase strength. People who regularly attend class grow stronger, improve their balance, and become more limber. Boost activity levels. Even the unfit quickly find themselves able to do the things they want to do, safely and independently. Elevate mood. Research shows that exercise can help prevent depression, and Enhance Fitness participants say they feel better physically and emotionally.
Line Dancing (Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced)
Our Line Dancing classes offer a great low impact workout to keep you moving, improve your balance and general fitness, and a perfect challenge to keep the mind sharp and alert.
A popular class with our senior population and a great place to make friends. You choose the level that best suits your fitness level.
AFAYP- Arthritis YMCA Aquatic Program
The AFAYP aquatic class is designed for people with arthritis and related conditions. It allows exercise without excess strain on joints and muscles through gentle activities in warm water.
Aqua Zumba Gold
All the fun of Zumba in the pool and designed especially for our senior members. Water adds extra resistance while supporting the joints and muscles from too much impact.
Check our Group Exercise Schedule for classes and times.